Discovery Attorney, Litigation Analyst and Bar Committee Member
1. What is your favorite YPT-NYC memory?
My first Transportation Camp. The exchange of ideas, and refreshing format, really gave me a different taste of things than what I get in the legal community.
2. If you could snap your fingers and make one change to regional transportation, what would it be?
The RPA’s Fourth Regional Plan’s T-Rex (Trans-Regional Express) Regional Rail. This would revolutionize not just suburban and regional commuting, but also transportation in the outer boroughs.
3. What sparked your passion to work in the transportation industry?
I’ve been fascinated with cars, trucks, trains, and planes since I was a child! As an adult, I’ve always found ways to be involved in my community. While some matters that I’ve worked on involve transportation, most don’t, although this is something I hope to change sooner than later. So when a colleague suggested that I look for a committee at the NYC Bar Association, I applied and got accepted!
4. What are you working on that you’re most excited by?
Getting involved with and learning more about Weigh in Motion and freight movement around NYC. We too often forget how important this issue is and how little improvements, such as the Off Hours Delivery Program and Weigh-in-Motion can make business more efficient, preserve our infrastructure, reduce traffic, raise our revenue, and reduce emissions.
5. What career advice would you give to other YPT’ers interested in your career path?
Find ways to get involved civically. Join a committee or two to lend your expertise and knowledge to help make an even greater impact!
6. What famous celebrity do you think should be given the opportunity to voice a NYCT Subway Announcement?
We don’t have to look too far. How about Irv Gikofsky aka Mr. G the weatherman? [Ed. Good choice. Real New Yorkers know.]